In this Master Guide, I will be breaking down how to build the best Dragon’s Lair, Basement 10 (DB10) starter team, and speed teams.
The goal of this guide is to get your DB10 team to a 100% success rate, ~50 second average runtime as efficiently as possible so you can really maximize on your rune farming and progress your Summoners War account as fast as possible.
Building a 100% success rate speed team isn’t about having overpowered natural 5-stars (nat 5’s), it’s all about having team synergy and the right rune builds.
Why Is Farming DB10 Fast and Efficiently So Important?
Farming Dragon’s Lair, Basement 10 (DB10) should be the third goal you want to accomplish after GB10 and ToA Normal.
DB10 should be your third goal because it drops violent runes which is the most important and most used rune set in the game. DB10 also drops other rune sets like revenge and shield, that make farming NB10 (the last dungeon) much easier.
If you are a free-to-play player or only spend $30-$100 a month on in-game packs then you should be focusing on building a team with the highest success rate possible to maximize on the number of runes you get for your energy and crystals.
If you buy multiple packs every month or just have very little time to play Summoners War then you might want to consider speed as a more important factor to maximize your rune drops.
Starter Team (2 mins - 3.5 mins runs)
When you should build this team and break into DB10: Once you have been farming GB10 for at least a month, have solid rune quality, and summoned/fused the required monsters.
Minimum Stats and Requirements:
- HP: 20k+ for Non-Water Mons and 18k+ for Water Mons
- Def: 700, if you have less def you will need more HP than the above requirements.
- Accuracy: 55% on important debuffers/Strippers (Try to get as close to 55% as that is the cap for accuracy in DB10 and will increase the success rate of your runs)
- Speed: 200+ on Swift or non-violent (Including speed tower)
Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs:
Heals – You will need a powerful healer to sustain the damage you will take from the mini-boss and final dragon boss.
Cleanse – You will need a reliable cleanser for the final boss stage because your team will get DoTs put on them that not only will do damage but will amplify the dragon's damage causing him to one-shot your team.
Defense Break – This debuff is extremely important because it allows you to kill the DB10 boss much faster, if you don’t kill him fast enough your healer will not be able to sustain your team through all of this damage.
Buff Strip – You will need a buff stripper because the right tower will cleanse and give the DB10 boss an immunity buff. You need to strip this buff to put defense break back up on the boss.
Attack Bar Increase – Turn advantage is very important in DB10, attack bar increases are one of the best ways to get that advantage. You can replace attack bar increase with attack speed slows and attack bar decreasing the enemy.
Best Starter Team Composition:
- Verdehile (Leader) – You can replace Verdehile with Spectra
Megan, the Water Mystic Witch
- Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs: Buff Strip, Attack Bar Increase
- Additional Benefits: Defense Buff, DoT Dmg
- Replacements: There isn’t a good replacement for Megan in DB10
Belladeon, the Light Inugami
- Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs: Heals, Defense Break, Buff Strip, Attack Bar Increase
- Additional Benefits: None
- Replacements: There is no monster is the game that brings as much to the table as Belladeon. She is also very easy to farm so there is no reason to think of replacing her.
Veromos, the Dark Ifrit
- Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs: Cleanse
- Additional Benefits: DoT Dmg
- Replacements: Veromos is the most reliable cleanser in the game. You also get tons of free stuff for fusing him so there is no reason to replace him in this team.
Sigmarus, the Water Phoenix
- Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs: None
- Additional Benefits: Freeze's trash waves, Attack break, 44% HP leader skill if you don’t have Verdehile.
- Replacements: While Sigmarus doesn’t provide any required skills, buffs, or debuffs she does provide some great additional benefits along with crazy big damage that will make your runs faster and more reliable. You can replace her with damage dealers like Theomars or Taor but I would recommend just putting in the time to fuse her because she will be amazing for your speed DB10 later down the line.
Verdehile, the Fire Vampire
- Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs: Attack Bar Increase
- Additional Benefits: 28% Speed Leader Skill
- Replacements: While Verdehile is the best monster for this spot you can replace him with Spectra because he provides speed break and attack bar decrease on the enemies.
How to Build a Reliable DB10 Speed Team
When should you start building a DB10 Speed Team?
Building a DB10 speed team requires pretty good rune quality and decent levels in your glory towers.
Successful DB10 speed teams are all about turn advantage and raw damage so if you don’t have high enough speed and damage your team will fail too often.
For your glory towers focus on leveling up your speed tower, crit dmg tower, and water ATK tower as much as possible.
Minimum Stats and Requirements:
- HP: None
- Def: None
- Accuracy: 55% on Defense Breakers
- Speed: 200+
(Focus on getting your monsters on as much damage as possible)
Important Skills, Buffs, And Debuffs:
Defense Break – DB10 speed teams REQUIRE you to land defense break right away, if you don’t you will wipe.
Attack Bar Increase – Turn advantage is very important in DB10, the plan here is to kill the DB10 boss before he can even take a turn or get up his immunity buff.
Standard Speed Team Composition:
- Main Reliable Defense Breaker (Normally Galleon because he has 2 defense breaks and ATK buff)
- Backup Defense Breaker #1
- Backup Defense Breaker #2
- Big Single Target Damage Dealer
- Turn-Advantage Monster
There are a few other advanced team compositions that are S Tier and have lower rune/stat requirements, I cover this comps in my Rune Farming Guide if you want to check it out.
Top 7 Dragons B10 Monsters:
Verdehile is the undisputed king of DB10, if you want the best team possible you will need him for sure. The turn advantage he gives you with this speed leader skill and attack bar boosting passive greatly increases your team’s success rate.
There are a few A Tier team comps you can build without him but you should really try to get him from your summoning stones if you already have Galleon and Lushen.
Most top-tier DB10 speed teams include Galleon because of his 2 reliable defense break skills, his ATK buff and his attack bar reduction on the boss is helpful as well.
Despite all that, there are a few top tier team compositions that don’t include Galleon or any natural 5-star monsters (nat 5’s).
Tarq functions great as a backup defense breaker because his 3rd skill can pull in one of the defense breakers on your team to attack the boss.
Tarq is also great because he has very high base speed and his damage scales off speed.
Shaina is an amazing defense breaker and if paired with the right team members she can be the base of one of the fastest and most reliable DB10 speed teams.
For Shaina to work you will need to have the right team comp and build her the right way, but if done right you will have an amazing team that doesn’t require high rune quality.
Lyn is a great option for a big single-target nuker because of her enemy max HP scaling damage.
She is the hardest hitting monster in the game vs. dungeon bosses so if you happen to have her make sure you build her.
Sigmarus is a great obtainable replacement for Lyn, her damage is somewhat comparable and has some added benefits with her AoE damage and freezes on the trash waves.
Stella is amazing in DB10 because she has speed scaling damage, hits really hard, has defense break, brand debuff (Increases your teams dmg by 25%), and attack bar reduction.
Stop Losing Out On Legendary Runes!
Now you should have an idea of how to improve your GB10 team, make sure you get your team to 99%+ success rate as soon as you can.
When I was farming dungeons with teams that were only 90-95% reliable I was losing out on tons of runes and resources without even realizing it.
This is what I was able to calculate my failed runs were costing me each month:
- 6-Star Runes: 35
- 5-Star Runes: 181
- Legend Runes: 11
- Crystals: 17
- Mana: 1.3 million
- Energy: 300
- 2-3 Star Max Rainbowmons: 15
- Mystical Scrolls: 3
If you’re interested in finding out how I figured this out, check out this page about my: Rune Farming Guide